|2018 Bursary Categories|
2018 Commerce Bursaries
2018 Accounting Bursaries
2018 Agricultural Science Bursaries
2018 Computer Science & IT Bursaries
2018 Construction & Built Bursaries
|2018 Drama Bursaries|
2018 Education Bursaries
2018 Engineering Bursaries
2018 General Bursaries
2018 Government Bursaries
2018 Law Bursaries
|2018 Marketing Bursaries|
2018 Masters Bursaries
2018 Media Bursaries
2017 Medical Bursaries
2018 Music & Performing Arts Bursaries
2018 Nursing Bursaries
|2018 Pharmacy Bursaries|
2018 Postgraduate Bursaries
2018 Psychology Bursaries
2018 Safety Management Bursaries
2018 Science Bursaries
2018 Tourism Bursaries
Gert-Johan Coetzee is a South African fashion designer who specialises in red carpet gowns and wedding gowns. Coetzee is a big name in the fashion industry, having dressed many international and local celebrities for red-carpet events.
Coetzee is looking for a young talented student to follow in his footsteps, which is why the Gert-Johan Coetzee Bursary was created. Bursary winners will studying a 3 year international degree at the North West School of Design.
The bursary awarded will be to the value of R185 000. The recipient will also receive an overlocker and sewing machine from Bernina (to the value of R35 000).
The bursary will not cover the cost of accommodation, meals or transport – these expenses will be for the students own account.
The theme for the Gert-Johan Coetzee Bursary is Style Tribes. A style tribe is a group of people who dress in a certain way to reflect their conformity in a group. There are always dominant style tribes and subcultures that influence fashion designers – some examples are “Hippie”, “Preppy”, “Boho”, “Grungy”, “Street Style” and “Minimalist”.
The bursary recipient will undertake their studies at the North West School of Design, based in Klerksdorp. They will also be required to completed at least 2 internship programmes at Gert Johan Coetzee’s studio.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
NB: Please ensure that you read the course prospectus for your chosen course (at http://nwsd.co.za/course/fashion-design) so that you are aware of the admission criteria, subjects, course content, fees and class hours.
Applications must be done online at: http://nwsd.co.za/online-application-gert-johan-coetzee-fashion-bursary/
Please ensure that you have the following supporting documentation ready to upload to your online application:
The selection process will include the following steps:
1) 15 semi-finalists will be selected: the announcement will be made on 2 September (students to be contacted via telephone).
2) Semi-finalists will be required to complete an assignment and submit it by 16 September (students will be contacted via email).
3) 7 finalists will be selected: the announcement will be made on the end of September.
4) Finalists will be required to attend the North West School of Design “Platinum Fashion Festival” on 5 November in Klerksdorp.
5) Finalists will be required to take part in the Fashion Talk, to be facilitated by Gert-Johan Coetzee. They will also be required to have a personal interview with Gert-Johan Coetzee
6) Bursary winners will be announced at the North West School of Design “Platinum Fashion Festival” Gala event.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
North West School of Design: Charles
Tel: 018 462 5149