|2018 Bursary Categories|
2018 Commerce Bursaries
2018 Accounting Bursaries
2018 Agricultural Science Bursaries
2018 Computer Science & IT Bursaries
2018 Construction & Built Bursaries
|2018 Drama Bursaries|
2018 Education Bursaries
2018 Engineering Bursaries
2018 General Bursaries
2018 Government Bursaries
2018 Law Bursaries
|2018 Marketing Bursaries|
2018 Masters Bursaries
2018 Media Bursaries
2017 Medical Bursaries
2018 Music & Performing Arts Bursaries
2018 Nursing Bursaries
|2018 Pharmacy Bursaries|
2018 Postgraduate Bursaries
2018 Psychology Bursaries
2018 Safety Management Bursaries
2018 Science Bursaries
2018 Tourism Bursaries
As part of a commitment to promote capacity-building at a high level across the continent, the Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries for full-time, on-campus undergraduate programmes tenable in public higher education institutions (HEIs) in Mauritius.
The Department of Higher Education and Training is responsible for the nomination of South Africans for this scholarship. The below information is for South African applicants only. Applicants from other countries should contact their government or local representative of the Government of Mauritius for information on how they can apply.
Bachelor’s (5 scholarships)
The application process will close on 16 March 2018. No late applications will be considered.
Who can apply?
Fields of Study for South African Applicants
Bachelors: All fields of study available at the participating Mauritian Public Tertiary Education Institutions. Studies in Medicine are excluded and will not be considered.
What the scholarship offers
Successful applicants are expected to cover any additional costs not covered by the scholarship. No funding will be provided by the DHET.
Application to university in Mauritius
All applicants for the scholarship must have already applied for at least one full-time on-campus programme at a public HEI of their choice in Mauritius .This application must be made as soon as the HEIs have opened their application windows on their respective websites as listed below:
|Institution||Tentative application period||Website|
|University of Mauritius||Mid Jan 2018||Mid Feb 2018||www.uom.ac.mu|
|University of Technology, Mauritius||Mid May 2018||Mid June 2018||www.utm.ac.mu|
|Université des Mascareignes||End Jan 2018||End May 2018||www.udm.ac.mu|
|Fashion and Design Institute||Feb 2018||March 2018||www.fdi.mu|
|Mauritius Institute of Education||March 2018||April 2018||www.mie.ac.mu|
|Mahatma Gandhi Institute||Mid Jan 2018||Mid Feb 2018||www.mgirti.ac.mu|
|Rabindranath Tagore Institute||Mid Jan 2018||Mid Feb 2018||www.mgirti.ac.mu|
Application process for South African Applicants
There are three stages in the application process for South African applicants:
1. Complete the DHET application form, available to download here and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 16 March 2018, together with:
– A certified copy of your National Senior Certificate (or equivalent)
– Certified copy of your ID.
Applications will be assessed and a maximum of 15 applicants will be shortlisted.
2. Shortlisted applicants will be notified by 23 March that they need to submit the completed Mauritius-Africa Scholarship Application Form and additional supporting documents. This must be submitted by email to email@example.com, no later than 30 March 2018. Please only submit this form and supporting documents to the DHET if requested to do so.
Mauritius-Africa Scholarship application form, available to download here and certified copies of the following documents:
– Birth certificate;
– Copy of biodata page of passport;
– Copy of letter of conditional offer from a public higher education institution in Mauritius OR a copy of acknowledgement of application from the HEI;
– There is no need to complete the medical certificate form at this stage (Section 6 of the application form). It will be requested from nominated candidates only.
Nominated applicants will be informed by 6 April and will be required to submit a medical certificate, completed and stamped by a Registered Medical Practitioner in Section 6 of the Mauritius-Africa Scholarship application form by 11 April 2018.
Nominated applicants will be reviewed by the Mauritian Government and a final decision will be taken by them. Successful candidates will be contacted directly.
Please email enquiries to email: firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications received by the DHET will be acknowledged by email within 2 working days. Please follow up if you do not receive an email acknowledgement.
Documents and links