|2017 Bursary Categories|
2017 Commerce Bursaries
2017 Accounting Bursaries
2017 Agricultural Science Bursaries
2017 Computer Science & IT Bursaries
2017 Construction & Built Bursaries
|2017 Drama Bursaries|
2017 Education Bursaries
2017 Engineering Bursaries
2017 General Bursaries
2017 Government Bursaries
2017 Law Bursaries
|2017 Marketing Bursaries|
2017 Masters Bursaries
2017 Media Bursaries
2017 Medical Bursaries
2017 Music & Performing Arts Bursaries
2017 Nursing Bursaries
|2017 Pharmacy Bursaries|
2017 Postgraduate Bursaries
2017 Psychology Bursaries
2017 Safety Management Bursaries
2017 Science Bursaries
2017 Tourism Bursaries
The Southern African Music Rights Organisation (SAMRO) was founded in 1961 with the aim of protecting the intellectual property of musicians. Today SAMRO represents over 12 000 musicians in Southern Africa.
Bursaries will be awarded to students currently studying towards a diploma or degree qualification, majoring in Music.
Bursaries will be awarded to the value of R10 000 per applicant, for the payment of tuition fees.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
How to applyThe closing date for submission of online applications is 31 March 2017.Before applicants start to fill in the form they should source following digital documents that will need to be uploaded before submitting the application:
- Copy of ID Document
- Proof of 2017 registration
- 2017 Examination results or most recent academic record (university transcript)
- 2 Letters of reference (not older than 3 months)
- For Masters and Doctoral applicants – a 5 to 8 page synopsis of your thesis or dissertation.
- They request that all communications including reference letters be provided in English.
- Please only submit what has been requested. Additional material will be discarded.
Disqualification criteria: Applications will not be considered if:
- Any section of the form is incomplete
- Supporting documents are missing
- More than one proposal is submitted per student
- The application is submitted after the deadline of 31 March 2017
Terms and conditions:
- The decisions of the independent adjudication panel will be final, subject only to confirmation by SAMRO Foundation’s Board
- Awarded bursaries will be communicated to the relevant Heads of Department and paid directly to the relevant universities for the relevant year.
- Bursaries are restricted to the degrees/diplomas stated in the applications and may not be transferred to other degrees/diplomas
- Bursary awards are for payment of tuition fees only
- Bursaries may only be used in the academic year in which they are awarded